OHIO AUTO GROUP DEBUTS MOBILE APP TARGETING MILLENNIAL SHOPPERS
Montrose Auto Group of Akron and Aytomic Technologies Partner to Develop User-Centric Mobile App
By 2025, millennials will make up 75% of the car-buying population. Like many automotive dealerships, the Montrose Auto Group headquartered in Akron, Ohio wanted to update their sales techniques to resonate with these buyers. Through Google analytics, Montrose Auto Group found that 40-45% of their customer traffic comes from mobile devices – a number that continues to increase year after year.
In an effort to reach millennial buyers, Montrose Auto Group partnered up with Akron-based mobile application development company, Aytomic Technology, to develop Proximity Aware – an industry-first mobile application with unique features designed specifically for the newer generation of car buyers. Aytomic Technology used Montrose Auto Group as their automotive experts in creating the features of the app as well as piloting the app at their 13 dealership locations in April 2015. The custom branded mobile application is now being sold to dealerships across the country.
Among the many features offered by Proximity Aware some of the more noteworthy ones are:
- Customers are able to scan vehicle VIN numbers on the lot and have the vehicle information at their fingertips prior to working with a sales representative.
- Customers can add vehicles to their “watch list”, where they will then receive push notifications on price alerts for that particular vehicle, or be notified when a new vehicle is on the lot that matches the same criteria.
- Once a customer purchases a vehicle, they can receive service reminders through a feature called “My Garage” for oil changes, tire rotations, and coupon/discount alerts for those services. Scheduling service appointments can be done with one click.
- The Proximity Aware app allows direct communication between the dealership and their customer. Notifications can be customized and delivered allowing the dealership to send the right message to the right customer at the right time!
I would love to schedule an interview with one or more of our spokespeople to discuss the research that went into developing the app, how customers are responding, and/or an opportunity to demo.
- Shawn Inks – Aytomic Technology Co-Founder/ VP of Sales
- Chris Thompson – Aytomic Technology Co-Founder/ VP of Operations
- Brandy Bright – Montrose Auto Group, Marketing & Communications Manager
- Sherryl Connelly – Ford Futurist, Millennial trends
Proximity Aware is a custom branded mobile solution designed specifically for automotive dealers. Offering state of the art technology in the mobile world to dealers at a fraction of the cost. For more information please check out: www.proximityaware.com.
The Montrose Auto Group features 12 brands at 13 locations throughout Northeast Ohio and Western Pennsylvania. Our mission at the Montrose Auto Group is to be the best in every aspect of our business by providing unparalleled customer service through our professional and courteous sales and service associates, while supporting the community that we work and live in. And Remember, “You’ve Got a Friend at Montrose!” For more information on the Montrose Auto Group please visit www.gomontrose.com